Flahavans Porridge

Today I'm going to talk about porridge as the nice people from Flahavans were kind enough to send me a sample with some lovely ingredients to try and come up with new porridge recipes. I really wanted the parcel to arrive before our trip away in the caravan so the recipes could feature on my cookblog In My Caravan Kitchen, and luckily for me the postman turned up in the nick of time, literally as we were getting in the car to set off.

With the caravan legs down it was time to see what these oats from Flahavans could do. The first thing I noticed was they seemed really quite big and meaty so why not serve them up with meat, breakfast meat of bacon and black pudding nonetheless, with an egg.

  

Moving on to something sweeter using pear and pomegranate with coconut, coco nibs and maple syrup didn't disappoint. The Little Larry's wolfed it down and begged me to make it again before the oats ran out.



After the breakfast porridge I turned my thoughts to a main meal version and as we went for a family walk down the nearby Gloucestershire lanes the prolific wild garlic gave me the idea of serving it up in porridge. A juicy slow roast Gloucestershire old spot shoulder was the perfect accompaniment, 



Finally it would be rude not to salute the fine Flahavan oats from Ireland with a top of the morning #PerfectPorridge with whiskey, salted popcorn and caramel sauce.





0 comments:

Post a Comment